Let’s just cut to the chase, YA girl-protagonists.
1. If he’s cheating on her with you, he’ll cheat on you with someone else.
2. Don’t hook up with your friend’s boyfriend. DON’T. DON’T!
3. Boys who like you will treat you nicely. That is how you know they like you. The same goes for friends.
4. No, you should not text him.
5. If he is moody and difficult it might be better to just find an easier guy to hang out with.
5a. You can’t change him. Romantic comedies lied to you.
5b. Do not misinterpret your angst about dealing with a moody guy as really really liking him. You are working hard to tolerate him and so cognitive dissonance is tricking you.
6. Don’t treat nice guys badly.
6a. If a nice guy lets you push him around too much, that’s not a good sign either. He needs to grow a spine.